How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Lakeland smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a single cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface puts you in full command of your Lakeland home’s automation and security. See what it can do and explore recommendations to get started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Lakeland?
Wirelessly linking to devices via radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even chat with someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also provides total remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the functions you can execute:
- Review live or saved footage from your connected security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Lakeland by programming schedules or establishing rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in the home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open window will prompt you to take action. Keep in mind that you may still arm the system by adhering to the above steps. You will then have to verify that you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Lakeland
Even though multiple users can be set up during the initial installation, you will probably want to add another user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote capability, choose email or phone and submit the information to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, navigate to the menu, touch users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Lakeland smart home. Contact (863) 591-5048 to learn more.