Ways to cut down on false alarms in Lakeland
False alarms are an actual concern for home security systems. Not only do they erode the faith you have in your equipment, but they can also be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Fortunately, you may do some things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Lakeland sensors and alarms.
First, ensure that all components are set up as intended. This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s common that simple user errors result in false alarms. Next, check out likely causes of false alarms, such as windows and doors that could be left ajar by accident. And of course, you should try to use the many features like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Lakeland.
Is it really that easy? Keep reading to discover for yourself.
Many false alarms in Lakeland could be averted
Like diagnosing any issue, the first thing to do is reference the owner’s instruction booklet. Be certain that all devices are set up properly on your end by:
- Performing a diagnostic through your smart hub.
- Visually evaluate each component to make sure it didn't become dislodged or need fresh batteries.
- Look over your scheduling to make sure that your alarms aren’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart devices are installed properly and aren't interfering with your system.
Call your Vivint specialist if you are still having trouble cutting down false alarms in your Lakeland home. They'll gladly schedule a tech to inspect your system.
Investigate your doors and windows
In the event your installation appears to be installed properly, the next measure is to thoroughly inspect the house. Are all your windows and doors closed tightly, or do you find some mistakenly ajar? If an entrance stays open, it may activate a motion sensor. If your household consistently neglects to secure an entry point, you could implement a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when your system goes live. Unfortunately, windows require additional physical effort, especially if you have a family member who enjoys to rest with an open window. Luckily, your Vivint home security system makes it a breeze to deactivate that alarm while protecting the rest of the residence.
Automation can be a great method to cut down on false alarms in Lakeland
One of the best ways to lessen the likelihood of false alarms is to incorporate automation into your security system. With your mobile security app, have the ability to:
- Arrange a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and avert false alarms that result from mistakenly unlocking an entry point. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system disarm as your smart front door lock is triggered with the right code.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm as you leave the property, then turn off when you return.
- Get cell phone notifications when your components notice abnormal activity or require a fresh battery.
- Pair your home security to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you can operate your system without the smartphone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Lakeland when you get a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of control over your property’s security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint security package, contact (863) 591-5048 or send in the following form.